Wednesday, June 22, 2011

On the fritz...

So my computer crashed yesterday after I made my post; I was like "what in the world?!" So there I am in a panic, not knowing what to do; I couldn't access the customer service number for Dell technical support because it was on the computer - that I had NO access to! Thank god for my blackberry, I was able to search and find the customer service number. Good thing the boys were in daycare because I was NOT a happy camper!

I was on the phone with technical support for almost two hours, when I remembered that I had made lunch plans with my old coworkers - YIKES!! So I mention to the tech that I had a "lunch meeting" to go to; he said that the download would take 45 minutes to an hour. I said that's perfect because I needed to step out and he said he would call me back.Off I went to my "lunch meeting"; as I walked out of my house I noticed that I had just missed the bus (so I was sure to be late). After waiting for about 30 minutes I decided to jump in a cab; I made it just in time to have a lovely lunch to take my mind off what was going on at home with my computer.

Once I got back home the tech calls me and we are back to playing doctor with my computer, for another two hours! From re installing the drivers to the operating system - we did it all! And as I sit here in the public library writing my post and checking emails my computer is not back up yet. They will be sending me a new hard drive and god knows what else lol. All I can say is that I am going through withdrawals right now! I do have a blackberry but we all know it's not the same as a desktop. So no fancy graphics today as this computer does not want to cooperate with me lol. I just hope I am up and running soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment