Monday, August 1, 2011

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil

There are a few advantages to being the new girl in the office; one of them is you are too new to be linked to any gossip. All they got on you is that you are the new kid on the block. At the same time one has to be VERY careful not to believe all that they hear. You have all kinds of people telling you all kinds of stories about each other; it can be really hard to tell what's real and what's gossip. The key is to try and stay neutral as long as you can or until one of those people shows you their true colors.

I am in that position and doing all I can to stay out of any circles and away from the water cooler. I am totally focused on my job and giving my employer 110%, after all they pay me to work NOT to socialize. Now don't get me wrong, I am a team player; willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Just don't want any of the mindless chatter, especially when there's a lot of work to be done! I don't want to step on anyone's toes either, I feel like people tend to be very defensive and act insecure when someone new enters the office. Again, if you are giving your employer 110% then you should have nothing to worry about.

Wishing you all a happy and productive week!

1 comment:

  1. It is so true that you don't want to get caught up in the gossip and unnecessary socializing etc. Recently, one of my coworkers did not have her contract extended because of being involved in the gossip and having people always at her desk. So, I totally agree with you. Only socialize when you need to, and save it for your breaks (general you).

    ReplyDelete