Monday, June 6, 2011

Bed and Bath

Let’s face it bath time can very easily turn into hectic time; because all that can go wrong usually does! I’ve always wondered what is it about a bath that turns the boys off. In my house the “pre-show” (getting them in the bath) is the hardest part. The whole “bath time” process takes about 30 minutes.
 

Ethan (my 7 year old) he always says “but my favorite show is on”. As it turns out EVERY show is his favorite show – go figure! Now don’t get me wrong he doesn’t watch a lot of TV; with homework taking up most of his time after school. So I let him unwind and watch some TV.
 


Now Evan (my 3 year old) that’s a whole other story; he’s just against it ALL! So I have to convince him and at times physically put him in the bath. The good thing is that once they are in they are good. I let them take a few toys to play with and just relax.


After the bath they brush their teeth and settle in for story time. At first I would read to them but now Ethan reads to us. He’ll read a chapter from his book, while Evan takes a bottle. I know I know he’s STILL takes a bottle but he only takes it once in the morning and at night. After we read, it’s lights out at 8:30 pm and within 15 minutes they are snoring up a storm. Thank heavens, lol.



What are some of the challenges you face and how do you handle the bed and bath road blocks?

No comments:

Post a Comment