Tuesday, June 14, 2011

One Step Ahead...

I like to start my week by going to the butcher shop and stocking up on meat. I usually get a whole chicken, have them cut it up; some beef and steak. I rinse the meat, season it, bag it and put in freezer. This makes it easy for me to just take out a bag of seasoned meat in the morning let it thaw, by late afternoon the meat is ready for me to use.




Step 1: Rinse chicken with lemon juice



Step 2a: Gather the condiments


Step 2b: Season the chicken

Step 3: Bag the chicken to be stored in the freezer

This frees up my time to do other things around the house with out having to worry about what's for dinner.

Any tricks you do to help you in the kitchen during the week?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am here from the bloggy hop.Congrats on your new blog! Do you have any others? If so, I would like to check them out.You seem like a seasoned professional. I really enjoyed checking out your posts. They are short sweet and to the point.

    I LOVE this post. such a simple idea, can't believe I hadn't already thought it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melinda,

    Thanks for your kind words but I'm a newbie lol. I've thinking about this for sometime now and since I'm between jobs I decided to give it a whirl! Glad you like it, thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete